On a wooded lot obtained from his parents, Richard H. Disque began construction of the Richard H. Disque Funeral Home in 1953. He personally chopped-no power saws-all the trees from the property to clear the site. Skilled in carpentry work, he built the original structure working nights and weekends as he had other employment to support his wife Katherine and son Richard H., II. In 1956, he conducted the first funeral from the premises, He continued work on the facility completing the upstairs living quarters into which they moved in 1958, which ended his construction efforts. All additions and renovations thereafter were done through commercial construction. Even though a competing funeral home was also built during the same time frame and was open for business much sooner, The Richard H. Disque Funeral Home began to flourish and Richard was soon avle to devote all his time to his newly created endeavor. During the 1960's a second viewing room was added as well as additional parking. In 1970, a casket display room became part of the facility, which, probably more than any other renovation, enhanced the functionality of the building. In 1976, his son became part of the business as a full-time employee, previously working on a part time basis. Richard II was named supervisor in 1980 when incorporation occurred and was fully in charge of the operation as his father moved into semi retirement. Upon the death of his father in 1992, Richard II assumed ownership of the business. From that time on Richard II made the facility ADA compliant in 1994 as well as enlarging the interior of the building in 2008 to more than double chapel and entry areas. In 2011, Richard I sold the business to Edward G. Horn, Jr..
Richard was a graduate of Eckels College of Mortuary Science in Philadelphia and was licensed in 1940. He worked in Washington, D.C., with the S.H. Hines Co. during World War II to gain the much needed experience to be able to operate a funeral home. His first funeral home was in Dallas in his parent's home, which was closed shortly after the death of his father. Richard II was also a graduate of Eckels College and was licensed in 1965. He was involved with operation of the funeral home from age 16, doing some of the more unpopular tasks. Upon being licensed, an involvement of greater depth began which continued until the sale of the business.
Edward G. Horn, Jr. and his wife, Janice took ownership of the funeral home in February 2011 and now operate the business. They have two sons: Erik and Kevin. Edward is a graduate of American Academy McAllister Institute of Mortuary Science, NY, receiving his Funeral Director's license in 1981. He has worked in the funeral profession for over 35 years.